To Prince Edward Island
- Enhances PEIís reputation as a leader and pioneer in renewable energy technology;
- Establishes technical capacity and environment for hydrogen technology research, development and demonstration;
- Provides new opportunities in the emerging hydrogen technology sector for PEI businesses;
- Initiates the local interpretation and application of codes and standards relevant to hydrogen equipment and installations.
- Demonstrates direct application of several Canadian developed wind and hydrogen technologies;
- Provides potential solution for stationary power and transportation from sustainable energy in Canadaís northern and remote regions.
- Potential for international export of Canadian wind and hydrogen technology.
To Society and the Environment
- Potential for greater penetration of renewable energy such as wind and solar by providing an energy storage option;
- Increased penetration of renewables means reduced dependence on fossil fuels and a smaller carbon footprint;
- Provides ability to produce power where and when it is needed for a greater degree of energy security;
- Does not have the inherent environmental risks and impacts that come with exploration, production, refinement, distribution and storage of oil in its various forms.
- Sep 1, 2010
- PEI Wind-Hydrogen Village Featured in Earth Resources Magazine
- An article on the PEI Wind-Hydrogen Village Project was recently published ... Read More
- Aug 20, 2010
- Wind Energy R&D Park and Storage System Project Announced
- Premier Robert Ghiz was joined by Prime Minister Stephen Harper at the Wind... Read More